The University of Illinois Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office (CTO) provides training regarding all aspects of clinical research conduct to personnel conducting human research in oncology at UIC.
In addition to the standing training offered below, the University of Illinois Cancer Center CTO can conduct one on one or group training upon request. To schedule a training session, contact Annette Kinsella, QA Educational Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-996-5931.
Best Practice Hour
In partnership with the UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science, the UICC CTO hosts monthly training sessions on a variety of topics regarding appropriate conduct of clinical trials.
Clinical Competency Training
Targeted to the clinical research coordinator performing clinical tasks, the UICC CTO offers training and tools to document the mastery of clinical competencies. Topics include blood pressure, ECG, phlebotomy, and vital signs.
CTO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
To assist with quality, efficiency and compliant clinical trial conduct, the UICC CTO conducts clinical trial tasks according to standard SOPs. CTO staff are trained on these SOPs and SOP training is available to all UICC staff.
Resources for Investigators
- IRB Screenshots for PI to Assign a Proxy
- How to register in the Office for the Protection of Research Subjects (OPRS) Institutional Review Board (IRB) OPRSlive System
- Instructions for Transferring CITI Training to UIC
- OPRS Investigator IRB Submission Approval Instructions
- UIC Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Training Instructions
- UICC CTO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- UICC CTO Study Start-up Process
- UICC Investigator NCI CTEP RCR Registration Procedures
- UICC Protocol Review and Monitoring System Process
- UICC Clinical Trials Office UIC Research PI Submission Instructions